Menu Plan Monday: Week 4 of 5 Week Menu Plan

Posted by Marianne Thomas | 10/19/2009 09:00:00 AM | | 5 comments »

Learn more about my 5 Week Menu Plan with my Q&A post right here.

I'm in week 4 of this month's 5 Week Menu Plan and as we get busier and busier, it has really kept me on track with planning/cooking dinner and saving money as I shop each week.

To view my new 5 Week Menu Plan (September 28 - October 31), click here.

I've also added a link in my header {Menu Plans} to help you easily locate my 5 Week Menu Plans. I hope you find them to be a useful resource for your own menu planning.

Here's what's for dinner at my house this week:

Monday

Melt in Your Mouth Meatloaf (it cooks in the slow cooker!), mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, breadsticks

Tuesday

Bacon Wrapped Mexican Hot Dogs (guilty pleasure!), french fries, veggie sticks, and salad

Wednesday

Tomato Chicken Parmesan over buttered noodles with salad and breadsticks

Thursday

Taco Night!

Friday

Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potato Oven Fries, veggie sticks

Saturday

Free Night! (I have an event with my Girl Scout Troop.)

Sunday

Free Night! (We have a family event with my son's Cub Scout Den.)

My first 5 Week Menu Plan (with recipe links) is posted right here; please note that I'm still woefully behind in adding links to printable grocery lists for all the weeks. I'll get there, I promise!

I'm not perfect (I've got big fat clay feet here, y'all) so be aware that a link could be haywire and that the Grocery Lists that are linked are basic guidelines; be sure to check the recipes and see what items you'd omit or add and adjust amounts for your family size.

---------------*****---------------

Don't forget to hop on over to the linkeroony at Meal Plan Monday hosted by Orgjunkie.com to drop your meal plan post and surf the links for ideas!

Thanks for reading and subscribing to The New Frugal Mom

5 comments

1. newmami_rgv // October 5, 2009 8:58 PM

I've never made my own pot stickers.... have you made them before?

2. Anonymous // October 6, 2009 1:04 AM

Dear,
    I want to make 1 guest post in your site, if you permit me. The post contains 350 words above and it is totally unique as it is written by my content writers.

Please contact me at ericasmith568(at)gmail.com soon. Moreover, I will place your link in one of my finance sites.

regards,
    Erica Smith

3. Marianne Thomas // October 6, 2009 6:17 AM

newmami_rgv: I keep putting them on the menu so I can try them!

I've not made them yet, but I do have a recipe I found for homemade dough rather than buying wonton wrappers. It's a hot water dough so I've been waiting for a day when I have some free time to make these. Recipe for dough is in thise recipe here.

I'm hopeful they turn out yummy - I love potstickers!

4. Marianne Thomas // October 19, 2009 9:19 AM

All: Oops! I used my Menu Plan Monday post from two weeks ago as a template for this post and forgot to save the original.

The comments you see are from that post which is now lost in the ether!

{blush}

Sorry for the confusion!

5. Crazy Daisy // October 19, 2009 3:10 PM

great recipes! Thanks for sharing so many!